Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Friday, May 22, 2009

A quick thank you card


My friend, Kathleen, asked me to lunch today, but I told her I couldn't as I was short on funds and she offered to pay. So I went. I love making cards, as you know, so I sat down and made a quick thank you card, and I mean quick. I hope it doesn't look that way. I want her to think I slaved over it for hours. Yeah right! I had already addressed the envelope when I remembered to take the photo. I just love this stamp set. I love it, yet I couldn't remember the name of it. I had to look it up. It is Bon Appetit. The ribbon is just because the background stamp just kind of ends right there and I needed something to make the transition. I used petal and pansy purple for the grapes and garden green for the greenery. The grapes, of course, are pop dotted. You can tell by the shadow to the bottom left of the bunch. The corner stamp goes great on the front of the envie, don't you think?
Thanks for tuning in.

7 comments:

  1. Leslie it's beautiful! I like the ribbon.
    I eyed this set in the catty...but had to restrict myself.
    It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Leslie, that doesn't look "quick" at all. The ribbon is the perfect touch. I love that stamp set and will have to cough up some cash one of these days and get it. LOL. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,
    What a wonderful card!!! It doesn't look simple, and I'm always impressed when someone can line up the background stamp like you did - it's perfect! Overall, just perfect! What a nice friend (to take you to lunch) and what a nice friend (to send such a pretty thank you card)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I'm sure your friend loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of your friend to treat you for lunch. She will definitely appreciate your card. . it doesn't look like a quickie card at all. It's beautiful. Love the pretty grape image!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend and Memorial Day!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Oh great now I'm going to have to buy that stamp set. Thanks for sharing! - Judy

    ReplyDelete