Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Thursday, May 7, 2009

birthday card for sister


My sister is celebrating her birthday this Sunday which also happens to be Mother's day.

I wanted to make a special card for her. She is, of course, a very special person, as all my 5 sisters and brother-in-law are. I do believe I succeeded. I love these colors together. I used sunkiss yellow and lilac mist with intrinsic backgrounds and aspirations stamp sets. I don't like my oval but must live with it. Oh well.

I believe I have some oval Nesties coming in the mail. The best place I have found to get Nesties is ucutathome. You pay less there than you do ordering directly from Spellbinders, especially when you get a 40% off coupon emailed to you each month.

Vicki Wizniuk posted a card so very much like this one that I had to CASE it - now that I know what case means I can use it. CASE - Copy and Share Everything. Anyway, I hope I have done you proud Vicki.

Thanks for tuning in and Dianne, if you get a sneak preview of your card here, hope you like it. Be sure to show it to Cheryl.


4 comments:

  1. So very bright and pretty! I think she will LOVE it. I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh.....love the colors, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! I do have to ask something strange... what is a "Nesties"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliment Robin. Nesties are die cuts by Spellbinders Nestabilities. They are very thin brass shapes that cut paper when you run them through a die cutting machine. My machine of choice is the cuttlebug. You have certain plates that you use with your paper and dies you make a "sandwich" of the plates, dies, paper and mats. You know all the neat looking scalloped shapes you see and the other uniformly shaped cut outs? Those are most likely cut with nestabilities fondly referred to as nesties.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete