Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Friday, May 1, 2009

birthday card




My daughter's boyfriend is celebrating his birthday next week so I made him a card. I have always wanted to make a shaker card and I saw one on a blog today that reminded me I wanted to try that technique.

Here it is. I got the top strip of B&T off just a little, but I don't think Chase will notice. I used the chipboard star from the Dazzling Die Cuts, B&T from Good Times, some glass beads and a piece of acetate. I cut out a star on cardstock from the shining star stamp set in twilight and put that on the inside of the card

The star was so thin that even if I had any of the foam tape it wouldn't have worked. What I did was bought a canister of foamies from Michael's in ghosts, bats and pumpkin shapes. They have a sticky backing on them so I sliced one really thin on my paper trimmer and then glued them down with Aleen's Quick Dry tacky glue and a very fine paint brush.
I forgot that I had a sheet of foamies that I could have used instead of cutting up the ghost.
Oh well.
Thanks for tuning in.

4 comments: