Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Poorman's Turtles- Not for Cibele or Sarah


Oh my goodness, these are almost as good as the real thing. These are called Poor man's Turtles.

I found the recipe on some one's blog a few weeks ago and HAD, just HAD to try them. Really wish I had included the name on the recipe that I copied, but I didn't, so I can't give credit.

The base is one of those little square pretzels. You lay them on the cookie sheet, hire a kid to unwrap all the Rollo's (Find one that doesn't like chocolate). bake on the cookie sheet in a 325 degree oven for 5 minutes, as soon as they come out of the oven place a pecan on top and smoosh (not too hard just very lightly). If you hold the pecan at the two ends rather than in the middle you get less chocolate under your fingernails.
Try not to eat them all in one sitting.

Oh yeah, in case you are wondering about the Cibele and Sarah reference - they are always getting on me about showing food shots as they are on perpetual diets. I could take a page from their books, but what fun is that?
Thanks for tuning in.

10 comments:

  1. These look good. FYI, a variation that I have made is to start with the same square pretzels and put an unwrapped Hershey Kiss on top (sometimes you can find these already unwrapped in the baking section near the holidays) and then 'smoosh' a plain M&M candy into the soft chocolate when it comes out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No diet here! I'll be there in a few minutes. Your Turtles look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA Leslie!!! I am NOT on a diet..in my dreams maybe hee hee....I LOVE Rollo's though so I will stay Well away from these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy. I am laying in bed with my stomach growling right now...wish I had one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL! You are so funny, Leslie. Diet is out the window this week so I just may make these. Now stop cooking and start crafting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pray tell, why would you want to get LESS chocolate under your fingernails? That would be less to lick off!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pray tell, why would you want to get LESS chocolate under your fingernails? That would be less to lick off!!

    ReplyDelete