Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our new baby girl


I went to get a package of bird seed and look what I came home with.
My friend raises these parrotlets and her husband gave me one last year. When I lost my cockatiel last year he was going to give me another one, but it was a male, so today I finally got the female I had been wanting. A baby girl for my little Stormy to play with. My DD has Stormy on her shoulder, my DH has the new baby girl on his shoulder. Stormy and the new baby are Parrotlets. They are parrots only they get no bigger than 4 inches tall. Stormy is full grown now, but I really don't know how old the baby is or if she will grow any more. She is a beautiful teal color (actually she has 3 or 4 colors) while Stormy is a pastel blue with purple on his back. Stormy used to like to sit on our shoulders. He bites too hard for us to take him out any longer. He thinks he is an Amazon Parrot. You know one of those BIG parrots and he bites like one. We put the birds to bed for the night and I can hear them talking behind their covers. How cute.

We need to come up with a name for the baby girl. Our cockatiel was Sunshine and Stormy is our little boy. I am thinking we want to stay with a weather related name. DD suggested weatherby. Nah, she doesn't look like a weatherby. I am picturing the principal from Archie comics. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment.
Thanks for tuning in.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's a cute little bird. As for weather-related names, Tempest came to mine. Or Skye. Or Skyler. LOL. What the heck do I know? I'm sure you'll come up with something great.

    Enjoy Sunday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leslie, she is beautiful... how about "Ciel"... that is French for sky... sort of a weather word... Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,
    Both of your birds are beautiful! I didn't know you had birds! What wonderful things we learn about each other in blogworld.

    No ideas for names, but I will share my naming "rule" - it has to be something you're not ashamed to have to yell down the street.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet. Lover her color. I can't think of a name right now, but if I do I will let you know. Will she talk? I used to have a Sun Conure. He was a beautiful bird, but was way too loud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starlight?
    Love Kathi's ideas.
    Cute birds Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest little bird ever! I just saw the new CTMH idea book and thought of you with some of the new birdie stamp sets. Guess we all know which ones you'll be purchasing. :)

    Since you don't get snow there, how about Flurry for a name?

    ReplyDelete