Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

What does that mean? I have never understood that term. I hadn't even heard it before my daughter started working in retail. Does anyone know how long it has been around?

I am sitting here in my jammies - should I be up and dressed and driving to some store somewhere? I think I need to go to JoAnns for some more fleece.
A few weeks ago I was at a training session where the instructor got chilly so she put on this poncho type thingy, after class someone commented and she told us:

Take a piece of fleece 2 yards long
Fold in half lengthwise
ON THE FOLD - cut 3 inches wide (6 if unfolded) and 1 yard long
Around all the edges (except the 6 inch cut up the center) cut in from the edge about 3 inches spaced 1 inch or so apart to make a fringe.

Oh my gosh is it easy. It drapes over your shoulders and stays put. So far I have managed to do dishes and not get it wet. If I can figure out how to photograph it any better than this without actually modeling it, I will. You don't have to sew anything and it makes great gifts for less than $20 if you get your fleece on sale or use a coupon. I am thinking this will make a great Secret Santa gift. I would love to make them for all my family. Guess I better get dressed and go join the crowds at Town Center.
Thanks for tuning in. NOTICE MY LITTLE REACTION BUTTONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST. THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO COMMENT THOUGH.- I love comments - grins - .

9 comments:

  1. Cute, and warm! How clever! I'm staying home - not interested in braving the crowds today - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NO idea what black Friday means either...but I am staying in..unless I go out to by this fleece....what a stupendous idea for a gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little invention! Black Friday comes from the term 'being in the black.' This is the days that retailers hope will put them there if they are still in the red at this point in the year. I was out at 4:45 am. CRAZY! Remind me not to do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever. Sounds like a good day to stay home and keep warm. I was already out with the crazies at 5:00this morning. I bought 3 cricut cartridges...but I'm too tired to play with them. lol. Black Friday means that the stores are making money and are getting out of the (red). In other words they are moving their inventory. I'm not sure how long it's been around though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Leslie and sounds like a great idea. Have a good day today with the crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your snuggly fleece warmer creation! I enjoyed a restful day at home in the Fall sunshine today...hope you found great stuff shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great gift idea, and saving on the cost with a coupon perks my interest for sure.Now I need to go back and figure out what you said again.Hope things are slowing down with the new job. I don't shop black Friday either unless I need something anyway. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am one of the rare few that Love, Love, Love being out with all the crazies this time of year!!! I LOVE shopping on this day. I was out at 4:20 am and hit the Wally World doors at 4:30am! I just love the holiday feeling! Anyhoo, I just LOVE this snuggly shawl! Please Please model It!!! I would love to see how your wearing it. It is a fabulous idea for my 85 year old neighbor and our girls! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and am glad I did. Lot's of beautiful stuff here! Oh, and I have to give you lots of credit for braving the Town Center on Black Friday...although it is all worth it if you stop by the Cheesecake Factory! ;o)

    ReplyDelete