Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Blarney and the luck of the Irish


I am still struggling with my son's layout so I have decided to put it on the back burner for another day and try my "Luck" at a card.
My children love the fact that they are Irish. They don't have the real Irish look about them though. My father-in-law used to tell us it was because of the Spanish Armada that wrecked off the coast of Ireland and that is where the Black Irish came into being. Black meaning VERY dark hair and VERY dark eyes. If you look hard enough the Internet will corroborate that tale. Of course, if you look hard enough the Internet will tell you anything you want it to. Anyway, Dad and Mom went to Ireland several times. They looked up relatives and went visiting. Staying with relatives gave them the chance to see the everyday life of Ireland and not just the tourist attractions. Dad got to go to the pub and tell stories which was one of the things he did so very well -tell stories that is. My husband's parents were two of the most wonderful people on this earth. Dad lived to be 98 and Mom was 90 when they died - five weeks apart. They were married for over 60 years and obviously didn't want to be apart for long. They were very loving and giving people. I counted Mom as my closest friend and miss her greatly. I love telling the children about their grandparents and how much their grandparents loved them. When my oldest got married in November my brother-in-law and sister-in-law gave Ash Mom's wedding ring for a wedding present. She is the one most like her grandmother in looks. I want to keep their memories of their grandparents alive for them. My sister-in-law says she will send me the photos that Mom and Dad gathered over the years so I can put together albums.
I saw this design on Split Coast Stampers by Sleepy in Seattle and thought I'd try my hand at it. You may notice ALL the different Greens used on my card only because I didn't realize until too late that the two I thought were the same weren't. Not my best work but I was kind of in a hurry.
Thought hubby was getting up early to go to breakfast, but he had other ideas - like sleeping in. I can't blame him, he works sometimes 12 to 20 hour days. Seriously. It has been that way all our married life.
I might try this card again. If I do I will share it here. Check back won't you?
Thanks for tuning in.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment