One of my blond friends asked me to give her the directions for my fleece poncho thingy again, so being the sweetheart that I am, I drew her a picture. Now the secret is out - I can't draw worth a darn.
- get two yards of fleece.
- trim the selvages (I think that's what they are called) It has been years since I read a pattern.
- fold it in half lengthwise
- mark with a pin the 1 yard mark. You can do this by folding it in half (remember it is 2 yards long)
- from one end (while still folded only in half lengthwise - you only fold it in half width-wise to find the center) cut 3 inches of the fold off (this gives you a 6 inch wide slit as your fabric is folded) up to the pin.
- The fringe is about the length of a pair of shears - like about 3-4 inches and about 1 inch apart. It doesn't have to be exact - that's the nice thing about fringe. Careful on the corners you could end up taking a chunk out of the corners.
Back to the scrap room.
Thanks for tuning in.