Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Friday, July 23, 2010

School uniforms thank you card


The other day out of the clear blue in walked a couple of people from a division of DCF - Department of Children and Families. They meet with some of our students during the school year. They realize that getting a huge grant next year means that our students will be required to wear uniforms. So they brought us two large boxes of brand new uniforms: some kahki and some navy dockers, you know the nice heavy duty ones with double pleated fronts, some Land's End blue oxford shirts, some NIP yellow oxford shirts by George with matching ties and a few various other items and said they could do this about once a month. Can you imagine?

We have a vendor who is selling our parents jersey polo's with the school name and mascot screen printed for $6.00 each. You can buy polos at Target and Wal-Mart for less, I am sure, but they won't have the school logo. That reminds me, I need to mention to our vendor that we have a tax free week in August.

Thus the card. Obviously our school colors are blue and gold so I went with that. I saw this card design on Stamp TV with Gina K and you know how I am, when I see something I like, I have to try it.

The little girl has a sparkle in the center of her hair bow and there are blue sparkles all around the border of the scalloped circle. I can only see a thumb print size photo, so I don't know if you will be able to see those minute details on screen. The one detail I don't want you to look closely at is my coloring. I am BAD, just flat out bad at it.

I finally got some Memento ink to stamp with when I am going to use my copics. WOW what a difference an ink makes. I was ready to stick my Copics in a drawer and let them dry out when I was, again, watching Gina K and saw her stamp with Memento's Tuxedo Black and immediately start to color with a copic and it didn't bleed. Oh my gosh, I had to try it. I was pretty certain it wasn't speeded up photography and I was right. IT REALLY WORKS. I thought that Staz On was supposed to do that, but NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO, not like this.

I have got work to do, so I will say bye for now.

Thanks for tuning in.


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, and perfect with the school colours! How amazing to have received all those school clothes - and to know you'll be getting some each month as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie. The card is precious! But the gift of the uniforms - wow!!! How wonderful! I can't wait to hear how different the kids do in school without the 'clothing competition'.

    ReplyDelete