Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Saturday, April 24, 2010

second post on Saturday

Front of the matchbook favor for the rehearsal dinner luau.

Inside the matchbook.

The guidance counselor at the school asked me to make these favors for her son's wedding rehearsal dinner. She planned a back yard barbecue/cookout. I came up with this idea of the Luau. I believe that is what she was talking about and just couldn't think of the name. She was tickled with what I came up with so I am making 25 of them. That means 25 large hibiscus cut out, at least 25 small hibiscus cut out, 25 of the grass hut design put together, and 50 palm trees stamped in two colors and cut out. The palm trees I found at Hobby Lobby. It is on a wooden block. I have only used wooden blocked stamps a few times in my crafting career so it is a bit of a challenge to me.

The office chicks are going together on a baby gift for the shower on Tuesday and I volunteered to make the card. I hope they will like it. The card stock and the B&T paper were used on the invitations.
I am too tired to write any more tonight. Catch you on the flip side.
Thanks for tuning in.


7 comments:

  1. Excellent, Leslie! Yes, you have a lot of cutting in your future. Luckily those CTMH microtip scissors make it a lot easier - tee hee! Those are really cute. And I so LOVE the baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful luau invitation - I'm not surprised that she loved it! When I've got a lot of cutting to do, I take it with me to the couch - that way I can watch my favorite shows and cut at the same time (sort-of).

    I love your baby card, too! You've been busy - no wonder you're tired! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, busy, busy! What a sweet friend you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those overalls are just adorable with the gingham and the little puppy in the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are all beautiful. What a lot of work you have given yourself...so very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie the baby card is beautiful and everything else. I have a baby shower to plan fora baby girl. Do you happen to have the patterns for both (girl and boy) cards. Could I have them? tisela.marrero@gmail.com
    Thanks! Tisela

    ReplyDelete
  7. These two cards are spectacular! Beth

    ReplyDelete