Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I got lots done on MLK day

Vicki Wizniuk was my inspiration for this card.

Vick was also the inspiration for this card.  My customer said purple and flowery.  I think I have made this same card 3 times now for different people.

Saw one like this in the current Card Maker's Magazine.  If you haven't noticed by now, I really like that magazine.  the polar bear is stamped on acetate.  I have a piece of colonial white card stock behind him so you can see him.  You can't see it very well, but I colored the bear with some grey copics and the scarf with yellow and blue to match the paper. This was a "just because" kind of card so I like the sentiment.

The other side.

I used CD envelopes for these cards since I couldn't find the envelopes that I bought to go with 4.5 X 4.5 square cards.

Lisa Stenz is my inspiration for this set of cards.  I made 5 different ones using different card stock colors and different B&T (background and texture papers)
I stamped the butterfly on the base card stock in two tones and then stamped another in the three colors and cut it out and just adhered the center of the butterfly to the card stock to give it some depth.  

I wrote my message on a post it note and put it inside the card with a message that if the person removes the post it, they can reuse the card. I guess I should say re gift it.

I forgot a few people when I made my list of thank you cards, so I need to go back out to my scrap room and do a couple more.  Probably not tonight though since I will get my Mark Harmon fix in another 32 minutes.  In fact, I am not sure when I will get to them.  I am meeting with a new client this week and have a CT Scan this week.  As the last doctor said after I had a CT Scan, there is NOTHING in there.  Because I suffer from Migraines they like to do a scan every 15 years or so.  

I guess because I have lost 4 relatives to lung cancer and one lung cancer survivor, that they like to do chest xrays every so often too.  Especially when I come down with bronchitis and asthmatic bronchitis every year around this time and know that I have asthma.  I guess I thought you outgrew it, but my doctor assures me I haven't.  Now I am wondering if all those time I had "chest" pains and seldom feel that I can take a satisfying breathe that maybe it's my asthma and not just stress.  

Thanks for tuning in.  See ya later in the week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leslie

    It seems like forever since I have had a chance to blog hop. I love each cards that you made. My daughters fav. is the bear with hearts that you said didn't fair so well. She loved it!

    ReplyDelete