Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Sunday, October 3, 2010

birthday gift

The pattern for this card holder  is by Vickie Dutcher.  Hers is actually  for a 4.25 x 4.25 card.  I adapted it for a 4X5.5 card  at .5 inch deep to hold about 3 or 4 cards and then  added another inch to it so it would hold 6 card and envelopes.

This was the first card holder I made using Vickie's pattern adapted for a 4X5.5 card.  I really like this holder, but it  is only a half inch deep so it only holds 3 cards and envelopes and I wanted to be able to give my friend, Marci, more than 3 cards.  I used the Olivia paper pack - actually the level 1- for the front of the box.

I was at Michael's the other day and they had some Free - Take me patterns.  This is  based on a pattern by Debi Hammons

This card is CASED from Vicki Wizniuk.  She made a set of these in a card holder.  I thought it was so cute I had to copy it.  I especially like Vicki's work and get quite a few of my ideas from her.  The paper is from the Animal Cookies paper pack.

This is called a windmill card.  I found it on Sheila's Stampin' Stuff blog.  I used the Olivia Paper Packet for it.

Oh my goodness, I really really like this card.  This was patterned after another one of the Michael's Free - take me patterns by Arlene Lobach.  The background is random stamped, the pumpkin is from the stamp set Friendship patch.   I colored the 'punkin' in with copic markers and set it aside.  I don't know what made me think to add the white dots, but I am so tickled with how they came out.  I used a "Brad Buddy" which is just a piece of plastic canvas and dotted every other hole with a white get pen.  The ribbon I picked up at Joann's.  Totally my favorite.

Anther pattern from Michael's by Arlene Lobach.  I used the Cherry O paper pack, Something Splendid stamp set for the flower and Buttoned together for the sentiment.  You don't notice them but there are three tulip colored brads in the upper left corner of the card.  Not my fav either.

Not bad, even if I do say so.  This is a new stamp set called Father Christmas.  Isn't he beautiful?  I think maybe the area under his beard should have been red, but. . .   I am also not sure where the ivy stops and his hair and face start, but you get the picture.  I think I need to get some gold and silver gel pens for things like the bells

This is the front of the card holder that I am not happy with.  The size is great.  I think I need to remove the bowl of cherries though.
Next weekend a couple of my sisters are coming to town.  We will be celebrating several birthdays over the weekend.  One of them is Marci's.  I made two card holders because the first one is too narrow to hold a half dozen cards.  I really like it much better than the second one, but . . .
In fact, I really don't like the second one at all.  I am going to have to rethink this gift.  The cards are okay, some I like better than others as you can see.

I am also putting together a beginner card class that I am hoping some of the teachers will attend.  One of them will be the birthday card above, the other will be the Friendship card and the third will be the pinwheel card.    I don't want to overdo the first set with coloring and cutting.  That can be frustrating to some people.

Got to keep moving.
Thanks for tuning in.

2 comments:

  1. Great cards, Leslie! A lovely gift, too. Enjoy your time with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the cards but I think the pumpkin is my fave too. Have a great time with your sisters and post pics!

    ReplyDelete