Pandascrapper.blogspot.com

Pandascrapper.blogspot.com
That's Me

Saturday, March 13, 2010

birthday card



I needed a birthday card last Friday, but didn't get it made until tonight. As you can see it is for my baby girl. What a terrible mother I am. I knew I wouldn't get together with her until this weekend so I can use that as my excuse, but I could have mailed it, I know that is what you are thinking. So yes, I am a terrible mother.
I hope she will appreciate the humor of the sentiment. When she was just a little tot we started buying books and didn't stop until she was in high school. We are all avid readers. Her first day of 4 year preschool she read the entire Berenstein Bears Go To School to her class. Her teacher wasn't sure what she would be able to teach her, since she already was reading on a third grade level. Seriously, we have crates of children's books in the attic, among them are many of the Robert Munsch books, including the one that this sentiment came from, Love You Forever. If you are not familiar with Robert Munsch, you should check out some of his books. Our first was Thomas' Snowsuit. That is one hilarious story.
Back to the card. This stamp set is Enjoy Every Moment. It is beautiful in black and white as well as when colored. I have to admit I am quite pleased with the coloring that I did on this one. The shading makes the flowers look 3D. Well, almost. It is late and I need my beauty sleep.
Thanks for tuning in.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. That lillies stamp is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so elegant Lesli! Have a wonderful day! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Leslie!!!! Just sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the card, Leslie! That is one stamp set I have been using a lot! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful card and such an important connection to your DD's memories - she'll love it!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete